Lace Closure Wig
Lace Closure Wigs describe the closure area of the wig that you can make the parting. The closure usually has less density than the rest of the hair on the wig. Depending on your manufacturer, the closure can be 4 inches by 4 inches, bigger or even smaller. This area allows you to freely part your hair into a middle, side or curved part. Whichever area on the closure that you choose to part the scalp area will look like your real scalp. The rest of the wig is sewn together on a wig cap that allows for no parting. Therefore, you’re not able to freely style your hair.
1. Easy to install and remove for your convenience.
You can switch from one lace closure wig to another once it is customised to your head.
- Requires little to maintenance after installation and duration of the style.
Once it is on you don’t have to do much to ensure that it stays in place.
1. You can do limited hairstyles with the wig.
Lace Frontal Wig
- LACE Frontal Wig:
Lace Frontal Wigs can be parted across the “front” area of your face. The parting can be done from the right ear to the left ear. The area allowed for parting is longer and bigger than that of a LACE Closure wig. It usually is 13 by 4 inches however it can be bigger or shorter depending on the supplier. So, if you want more room to part and style your hair, this wig is ideal. Similarly, to the LACE Closure, the density area of the frontal is less to give you more freedom to part and style to look natural.
- Looks more natural than a LACE Closure wig.
- Great for low ponytails as the lace is along the top.
- Takes more time to install because you require the use of gel or glue. It will hold into place the entire lace so that one side doesn’t lift or pucker up.
- High maintenance and not recommended if you must move fast.
360 Wig Full Lace
- 360 Wig (Full Lace) Wig:
For a FULL Lace Wig, the part can be made anywhere on the scalp area of the wig. The hair has been wefted to the lace of the entire wig to give a very natural look. So regardless of whichever side you choose to part your hair on, it will look like it’s your hair. You can do it from front to back, in the middle, place it in a ponytail and so much more. The hair’s density on the wig will be less than that of a lace closure or frontal so that the hair is easier to style. No one will be able to tell that it’s a wig because the lace will mimic your entire scalp. Hence, the name Full or 360 Lace Wig. Also, these wigs are usually the most expensive as it takes more time, energy and resources to create the wig.
- Great for low or high ponytails.
- Suitable for half up, half down hairstyles.
- Looks the most natural because it mimics your scalp.
- It is the most expensive out of all the wigs
- Requires the most installation time
Now that we know the key differences, advantages and disadvantages of lace wig, you will be able to make a quick decision. Let us know in the comments – which wig type is your favorite and will be purchasing.