You possibly can say we now have a factor for pasta right here at Camille Kinds. From lengthy spaghetti noodles to enjoyable and funky cavatappi to layered pasta bakes, the choices are infinite. My strategy to pasta is straightforward: let each the season and pantry spark my creativeness and encourage somewhat magic. Whereas I like pulling out all of the stops, I additionally know that substances needs to be allowed to shine as they’re. And that, pricey readers, is why we’re right here—to speak about this lemon ricotta pasta recipe that has turn out to be certainly one of my weeknight go-to meals.
Considered one of my favourite pasta recipes is this dish impressed by the spaghetti alla nerano from Stanley Tucci’s Discovering Italy. A number of weeks again, I discovered myself with some subpar zucchini behind my vegetable drawer. Considering again to the flavors of that dish, I wished to see if I might improve my zucchini right into a silky easy sauce, brightened up with just a few further substances I had readily available. And identical to that, this magical lemon ricotta pasta was born. Sure—all due to a zucchini.
Our High 10 Recipes
Signal as much as obtain a FREE E-BOOK of my prime 10 hottest recipes of all time!
Thanks for Signing Up!
Seems to be such as you’re already signed up or your electronic mail handle is invalid.
Seems to be such as you unsubscribed earlier than click on right here to resubscribe.
The Present-Stopping Components
Zucchini. Zucchini is the key star of this recipe, including an additional dose of greens with out anybody ever understanding.
Ricotta. Creamy and silky, it provides a pleasant richness and clings to the noodles completely. Use the full-fat model, at all times.
Lemons. Lemon pasta is at all times a favourite combo of mine. The lemon brightens up the flavors on this recipe.
Onions and garlic. The bottom of all good issues: aromatics.
Artichokes. Whereas non-obligatory, I like including one thing briny to accomplice up with the lemon. It retains each chunk attention-grabbing.
Kale. I’m all about including greens to my pasta. If I’m going to eat my greens, I would as effectively eat them alongside some carby goodness, proper? The kale provides this pasta a pleasant heartiness. Plus, it’s a great way to make use of up any wilting greens you may need.
Noodles. I like a bucatini, however use any pasta form you like.
Suggestions for Success
I do know: nowhere on this recipe’s title does it point out that zucchini performs a key position. However earlier than you assume I’ve tricked you, sit tight. Simply as some individuals wish to sneak zucchini into their smoothies (yep, it’s a factor), I like hiding it in my pasta. Why? As a result of zucchini has this magical capability to soften down when cooked. And naturally, I like discovering methods to include extra veggies into my meals (see: inexperienced sauce pasta). Bonus: this methods provides some heft to the lemon ricotta sauce.
Finely chop a bunch of zucchini and toss it in together with your oil and aromatics. Let it prepare dinner coated, squishing down the zucchini each couple of minutes till you find yourself with a easy sauce-like texture. Add the ricotta and lemon and stir right into a thick sauce that may cling to each noodle. I just like the zucchini right here as a result of it provides this refined sweetness when cooked down that helps steadiness out the lemon’s acidity and the richness of the ricotta. Belief me, if you happen to’re attempting to sneak in veggies—for you or your choosy eaters—when you study this trick, you’ll by no means return.
Easy methods to Make This Lemon Ricotta Pasta Your Personal
Whereas I stayed easy with artichokes and kale, there are many choices for customizing this recipe with what you’ve got readily available.
- Use any greens you want. Spinach, frozen or contemporary, or perhaps a massive handful of chopped basil on the finish.
- Whereas I caught with simply kale and artichokes, you could possibly additionally add peas, asparagus, chopped zucchini, leeks, and even some cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Toss in a little bit of pesto for an herby kick with the sauce. (This vegan pesto can be excellent.)
- I want a protracted noodle with the sauce to maintain it easy, however ziti or cavatappi may have all these crevices for the sauce to sneak into, so use what you’ve got.
Whereas I like consuming this pasta by itself, it might be scrumptious served up alongside salmon or with a contemporary inexperienced salad.
Extra Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Nonetheless searching for inspiration? These recipes have you ever coated.
Camille’s Lemony Spring Pasta Salad
Scroll on for the recipe, and if you happen to make this lemon ricotta pasta, be sure you go away a ranking and remark beneath!
A straightforward weeknight pasta recipe full of contemporary spring taste.
- 2–3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 giant shallot or 1/2 small yellow onion
- 3 small inexperienced zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup entire milk ricotta
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup artichokes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of kale, chopped
- 1/2 pound pasta of selection per individual (I used bucatini)
- Sauce. To make the sauce, add just a few tablespoons of oil to a big range prime pan and convey to a medium warmth. Add the shallot with a big pinch of salt, and prepare dinner for a few minute. Add the zucchini, with a pinch extra salt, pepper, and purple pepper flakes if desired. Cowl and prepare dinner for about 10-Quarter-hour, stirring each jiffy and squashing down the zucchini because it softens so it “melts” right into a sauce. As soon as the zucchini is softened and mashed, add the ricotta and lemon juice. Stir to mix. Put aside when you prepare dinner the pasta.
- Pasta. Prepare dinner the pasta in line with the bundle instructions. Reserve a cup of pasta water.
- Meeting. Add the kale and artichokes to the ricotta sauce, then add about 1/2 cup of pasta water to the sauce to skinny barely. Add the pasta to the sauce and stir to mix, including extra pasta water if wanted.
- Serve. Serve scorching and prime with extra lemon juice and herbs if desired.
- Prep Time: Quarter-hour
- Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Class: Dinner
- Delicacies: Italian